Our stainless steel and porcelain diner, a 20 by 20 footer, came to us from Massachusetts via Charleston, South Carolina.
Manufactured by the Worcester Lunch Car Company in 1936, it is the 445th of a total of 850 built by the company. It had served several generations of Cape Codder until the 1980s, when it was purchased by Charleston restauranteur Mark Dietch. So successful were Dietch's other two restaurants, however, that he couldn't find time to put this one in operation.
Our luck! It is now a permanant fixture of Track 16 Gallery here in Santa Monica!